What is REIKI?
Reiki (pronounced RAY-kee) is a form of healing touch discovered in Japan in the early 1900s by Dr. Mikao Usui. Based on the principles that all living beings are made of energy and that we have the ability to heal ourselves, Reiki gets to the source of the imbalance. It provides healing for the body, mind, and spirit, and it benefits everyone in some way. A Reiki session is done with the client fully-clothed, lying on a massage table. It is not massage, so there is no physical manipulation involved. Also known as "Universal Life Source," Reiki is safe and effective for all ages, and its results are always positive. Although it may be considered a spiritual experience, it is not associated with any religion. Lastly, Reiki is very experiential and non-judgemental in nature, and everyone can benefit from it in some way.
What are some of the characteristics and benefits of Reiki?
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Releases and relieves anxiety
- Lessens fatigue
- Provides stress relief
- Promotes more-restful sleep
- Enhances all immune functioning
- Increases self-awareness
- Helps the body cleanse itself of toxins
- Does not conflict or interfere with any medical treatments
- Acts in conjunction with all healing practices
- Promotes calmness and inner harmony
Reiki Gift Certificates are the perfect gift for everyone-no expiration date!
(*Buy 3 and get one Free")
Chair Yoga at Londonderry Village, The Studio, Palmyra,PA
- Fridays at 10AM; first class is Free! $6.00/class
Contact Bernie for more information 717-512-7739 or
Chair Yoga at Mohler Senior Center, Hershey, PA
- Mondays and Wednesdays at 2:30pm
First class is Free!
Contact Mohler Center for more information 771-533-2002
AQUA Yoga at Masonic Village, Flohr Pool, Elizabethtown, PA
- Tuesdays at 6:00pm starting June 18th for 6 weeks.
Contact GEARS to register at 717-367-0355