What is REIKI?
Reiki (pronounced RAY-kee) is a form of healing touch discovered in Japan in the early 1900s by Dr. Mikao Usui. Based on the principles that all living beings are made of energy and that we have the ability to heal ourselves, Reiki gets to the source of the imbalance. It provides healing for the body, mind, and spirit, and it benefits everyone in some way. A Reiki session is done with the client fully-clothed, lying on a massage table. It is not massage, so there is no physical manipulation involved. Also known as "Universal Life Source," Reiki is safe and effective for all ages, and its results are always positive. Although it may be considered a spiritual experience, it is not associated with any religion. Lastly, Reiki is very experiential and non-judgemental in nature, and everyone can benefit from it in some way.
What are some of the characteristics and benefits of Reiki?
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Releases and relieves anxiety
- Lessens fatigue
- Provides stress relief
- Promotes more-restful sleep
- Enhances all immune functioning
- Increases self-awareness
- Helps the body cleanse itself of toxins
- Does not conflict or interfere with any medical treatments
- Acts in conjunction with all healing practices
- Promotes calmness and inner harmony
Reiki Gift Certificates are the perfect gift for everyone-no expiration date!
(*Buy 3 and get one Free")
- Teaching Aqua Yoga at the Hershey Recreation Center Pool on select Sundays at 11:15am. Contact Bernie or the Hershey Recreation Center at 717-533-7138 for dates.
- Teaching Chair Yoga on Mondays at 10:30 AM at Londonderry Village, Palmyra, PA. Contact Bernie for details.
- Teaching Chair Yoga on Monday and Wednesday afternoons at 2:30PM at The Mohler Senior Center, Hershey, PA, Contact The Mohler Senior Center at 717-533-2002 for details.
- Teaching Aqua Yoga at The Friendship Community Center, Harrisburg, PA on Fridays at 1:00PM September 29th-December 8th. Contact the Friendship Center for details at 717-657-5635.
- Teaching Aqua Yoga at The Masonic Village Patton Pool on Tuesdays, Sept.12th-Nov. 21st at 7:15PM. Contact GEARS at 717-367-0355 to register.
- Teaching Reiki I class on Sunday, October 29th, from 10am-4pm, at the Brownstone Station Massage and Bodywork. $150.00 per person. Space is limited. Contact Bernie to register for this healing class.
- Bernie will be sharing Reiki at the Spirit of Oneness Holistic Expo at the Zembo Shrine Building at 2801 N. Third Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110 on Saturday October 6th and Sunday October 7th, 2018.